Our products are made from a variety of sustainable recycled, upcycled and organic materials. Here we take you behind the scenes and show you exactly how these many materials turn into such beautiful rugs.
Our classic leather rug is the core of modern nordic design. It has a minimalist and sleek appearance that is easy to pair with any interior.
Our leather rugs are made from 95% recycled leather off-cuts and 5% recycled cotton, originating from the international fashion industry.
1. We use leather off-cuts from the fashion industry.
2. Our artisans cut these leather off-cuts into strings.
3. The leather strings are then woven together by hand.
4. Our signature leather rug is made, upcycled & handmade.
Through many years of making our cotton rugs we have continued to improve the quality and feel they are known for.
Our cotton rugs are made from 100% recycled cotton off-cuts, originating from the international fashion industry.
1. We use cotton off-cuts from the fashion industry.
2. Our artisans cut these off-cuts into strings.
3. The cotton strings are then woven together by hand.
4. Our signature cotton rug is made, upcycled & handmade.
The PET rugs have a quite unique look and feel. Visually they are similar to wool rugs, however, their qualities are similar to plastic rugs, such as resistance to liquids and they can be used outdoor.
They are made from 100% recycled PET plastic and a single square meter contains up to 75 plastic bottles worth of plastic.
1. The plastic we use is sourced by collectors on the streets in India.
2. The collectors sell this plastic to a factory, where it is processed
3. After processing, the plastic is recycled into small granules.
4. As the final step, these recycled granules are processed into PET yarn.
Bamboo Silk rugs
Our bamboo silk collections Illusion, Lines and Jungle are created from the sustainable bamboo plant, and has an appearance of lustrous silk.
The front of our bamboo silk rugs consists of 100% sustainable bamboo silk while the backing consists of 100% recycled cotton.
1. First, the design is tufted onto a canvas, quite similar to the way an artist paints on a large canvas.
2. The backside of the rug is made of recycled cotton, and is attached to the finished canvas with a layer of natural latex.
3. As a final step after attaching the backside, the rug is washed to give it a soft, smooth and silky surface.